Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Technology Skills

I can do just about anything with a computer but program and have no interest in programing. I was taught the basic things about computers and office programs and then taught myself everything else I know about computers. I build my own computers and have built computers for friends. I am proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, & PowerPoint). I know Access but have not used it enough and I am rusty with it. I can build and edit webpages and I use Dreamweaver to do this. I am proficient with WebCT and can design courses with it. I use Adobe Photoshop to edit images for webpages and edit pictures. I can find just about anything on the Internet and enjoy surfing the net. When I write papers, I do most of my research over the Internet through the libraries access to on-line journals. I make very few trips to the library itself and I know all you librarians hate that but I could write a whole research paper without setting foot in a library and all my sources would be legitimate. What I love about computers is the fact that you can never learn everything there is to learn about them or the Internet they provide access to and I am looking forward to the new things I will learn in this class.

No comments: